4/16/2009

Why I Don't Like Oreo Cookies Anymore

I went out with one of my buddies the other night and we stopped at the Cantina in Oswego, IL for a beer and it reminded me of another time we went to the Cantina a few years ago. It was a full house that night. As usual, we made our way straight for the Golden Tee machine to play a few rounds of virtual golf.

From the moment we walked into the bar this blonde chick was checking us out. She was kind of cute, with a faint hint of truck stop hooker. She was sharing a table with her friend and two guys by the Golden Tee machine. My buddy and I started playing and after about half an hour this blond chick got up from her table and stood by the machine...and just started staring at us. She was a little wobbly, so it was pretty clear that she was wasted. She put her beer down on the machine and started to say something, but I picked up her beer, handed it back to her, and told her it was in my way. She slurred something in drunk hookerese and went back to her table.

Five minutes later she was back at the machine. We looked at the guys at their table as if to say, "We're really not trying to cock block you. We just want to play some Golden Tee." One of the guys gets up, comes over to us, and proceeds to tells us how they brought the two chicks here from some other bar." While me and my buddy are talking to this guy, we watch the other guy take the blonde chick's friend outside. For ten minutes they are gone, while for ten minutes the blonde chick is staring off into space, slurring something, and wobbling around the bar. All of sudden, out of nowhere, the blonde chick comes up to me and starts telling me that I have to go find her friend because she might be in trouble.

I tell her to fuck off.

She starts yelling at me and crying and raising a stink in the bar and then goes outside, presumably to find her friend and leave. My friend and I laugh, shrug our shoulders, and decide to switch to darts. A few minutes later, the blonde walks back into the bar, grabs my hand, tries to look at me all sexy like, tells me to follow her, and proceeds to pull me towards the bathroom where I imagine she wanted me to pleasure her with the bathroom mop. I jerked my hand away and watched her walk across the entire bar and back towards the bathrooms. I, on the other hand, don't move an inch, and just watch. Two minutes later--after the blonde realizes I didn't follow--she comes rushing up to me and yells, "Are you gay or something?" I flash her my wedding ring and say, "Not interested. I'm married." She flashes me her wedding ring and says, "So, what? I am too." At this point I notice something is off. I take a closer look at her mouth when she starts talking and it looks like she just ate a package of Oreos. There was black stuff all over her teeth.

I wish I had said something more witty, like, "I'm not gay. But that doesn't matter right now. What does matter is that we don't use dog shit to brush our teeth. We use toothpaste." Alas, telling her, "Fuck off, you crazy hooker bitch!" seemed to do the trick.

And that's why I'm not as big a fan of Oreos as I used to be.

1 comment: